If you want to save up on cash, you can check out our list of the best budget air purifier for starters. We all know that not all air purifiers are exactly budget-friendly, so we’d like you to know why air purifiers are worth it to buy, and how to choose one that is budget-friendly but effectively working.
How to know what is the best inexpensive air purifier
Knowing which air purifier is inexpensive but of quality, build is quite hard. But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. Here are some tips to know if an air purifier is worth buying:
- Room rating – make sure that your room rating fits your room size, otherwise, it won’t be as effective as you think.
- Automatic sensor – if your air purifier already has an automatic sensor, it will be a breeze (pun intended), as most units nowadays do, anyway, so you don’t have to suffer adjusting the speed all the time.
- Many filters are included – some have 2 filters while others have 4-stage filtering systems – this can vary depending on the brand and model. More filters effective clean more air pollutants.
- Warranty period – you need to know if the warranty period is enough to cover your unit, let’s say 8 years or 10 years is a good number.
- HEPA filter – most air purifier nowadays have HEPA filters but you should still choose a HEPA filter because they clean better than any kind of air purifier filter.
Choosing the best affordable HEPA air purifier
So now that we’ve talked about how to choose the best inexpensive air purifier, how do you know if your chosen HEPA air purifier is not only affordable but also functions well? Here are some things you need to know about:
- Permanent filters vs. replacement filters – permanent filters can be washed and used forever but replacement filters can cost you more, so it’s best to go with the first option.
- True HEPA vs. other HEPA filters – True HEPA is much more effective than other HEPA filters, but you should still look for its price and features.
- HEPA works best with other pre-filters – your air purifier may also have other pre-filters such as carbon/charcoal, UV light, etc.
What are the best air purifiers to buy?
If you’d like our suggestions, here are our top picks for the best air purifiers depending on your budget:
Since we did mention we’d want to suggest to you the best air purifiers that are inexpensive and budget-friendly, you can try the following units:
GermGuardian AC5350B 4-in-1 True HEPA Filter
- Uses a True HEPA filter
- Kills bacteria with its UV-C light technology
- Best for medium to large rooms
- Tall 28-inch tower design fits most spaces
- Charcoal filter for deodorizing
This air purifier is not only slim and portable in design but also packs power due to its true HEPA filter and its UV-C light that is perfect for disinfecting the air from germs and bacteria.
Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean
- Permanent filters reduce the need to buy replacements
- Energy Star certified
- Works up to 170 square feet or for small to medium-sized rooms
- Cleans the air up to 5 times an hour
- Uses a HEPA Clean filter
An oscillating air purifier is a good choice for those rooms or homes with very little ventilation or windows. Made with permanent filters that can be washed (which saves you money in the long run), its tower design is also a space-saver.
For those who want a good air purifier that’s not too expensive but not too cheap either, here is a suggestion for you:
Oransi Finn OVHT9908 HEPA UV Air Purifier
- Uses a HEPA UV filter that lasts 1 to 2 years
- Tower design fits in most rooms
- 3 fan speeds
- Intuitive LCD screen display
- Lightweight and easily movable
- Backed by a 10-year warranty
For those who’d like a tower air purifier, this is a nice choice. Ideal for bedrooms and asthma sufferers, this one comes with 2 pre-filters for added power.
If you have some extra budget, we’d like to suggest the following:
Blueair Classic 480i Air Purifier
- Uses a HEPA filter
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- For medium to large rooms
- Uses an app to monitor your air quality
- Quiet operation
This air purifier is best for small to medium spaces due to the low footprint, and it has voice control that works well with Amazon Alexa.
Inofia PM1608 Air Purifier
- Adaptive automatic air sensor
- Up to 1,300 square feet of coverage
- Has two filters for powerful filtering
- Easy LED color feedback for indoor air quality
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Uses a True HEPA filter
An air purifier that looks modern in style, it is good for large bedrooms. It is also a Wi-Fi capable air purifier so it’s good for automated control.
Are air purifiers a waste of money?
No – air purifiers are definitely needed for your indoor air if you experience a lot of pollutants in the air. Even if you think your indoor air is clean, you may never know. It’s not like you can put a microscope in the air all the time and look to see if there are airborne pollutants and bacteria that can cause sickness to you and your family, so it pays to be safe!
Are air purifiers worth it?
Definitely – air purifiers are made with the best technology possible for filtering out air – up to 0.3 microns size of air pollutants can be taken out from your indoor air so you can breathe easy. Just look for an air purifier with a HEPA filter and an automatic sensor and you’re all set.
You don’t have to spend tons of $$$ to get a quality air – all you need is to look for an air purifier that matches your room size, budget requirements, and has a good filter that is easy to maintain. We hope this article helped you decide on a budget-friendly air purifier for your needs!