If you work on a construction site or any industrial workplace, chances are, you’ll need the best air purifiers for dust removal to make sure you work in a healthy environment. Air purifiers are very useful if you often go to work in a place with a lot of sawdust and other debris that may pollute the air. In this article, we’ll give you the lowdown on which air purifiers best suit an industrial job site.
|Step Up Price
What does an air purifier do?
With the right power and coverage, an air purifier’s job is basically to do the following:
- Eliminate dust and allergens in your indoor air
- Remove VOCs (volatile organic compounds) and bad odors from chemicals
- Get rid of smoke (tobacco or cooking smoke) from your indoor air
- Minimize pollen and pet dander
Do air purifiers reduce dust?
Yes, nearly all air purifiers are able to reduce dust. This is thanks to their HEPA air filter that traps about 99% of dust that is in the air.
How to choose the best air purifier for construction dust
If you’re planning to buy a good air purifier to filter out construction, make sure to look for the following:
- Coverage area. Depending on where you’ll place it, the air purifier needs to be able to clean your room effectively based on the room’s size.
- Noise levels. A good air purifier for construction dust should also not be too noisy so that you can focus more on your work.
- Durability and ease of maintenance. If you want something for industrial purposes, you should pick one that’s pretty good at lasting long for many years and for maintaining the filters.
Our picks: Best Air Purifiers for Dust Removal
Below are our ideal picks for the best air purifiers for dust removal:
Do you have fewer budgets but want clean air in your workplace? Here is a suggestion:
- Combines a HEPA filter with a bamboo-charcoal filter
- Has 3 speeds to choose from
- Great for small to medium-sized rooms
- Keeps a small footprint indoors
- Has a pre-filter for removing odors and VOCs, other than dust
- Beautiful design looks stylish and elegant
The Hunter HT1701 Air Purifier is a great product for anyone looking to improve the air quality in their home. It features a powerful HEPA filter that can remove up to 99.97% of airborne particles, making it perfect for people with allergies or asthma.
Additionally, the purifier includes an activated carbon filter that helps to remove odors and VOCs from the air. The unit is also very quiet, making it perfect for use in bedrooms or other quiet areas of the home. Overall, the Hunter HT1701 Air Purifier is an excellent choice for anyone looking to improve their indoor air quality.
For those who want decent dust removal power combined with a so-so price, we’d like to suggest the following:
- Uses Hyper HEPA filtration for eliminating 99% of dust particles
- Portable and small enough for carrying to any workplace
- Available in both black and white unit colors
- Can be controlled with a smartphone app
- The filter is washable
Good for both personal use and for office space, it’s also decent for controlling industrial dust if your office room is near any dust-filled area. In fact, it’s portable so you can bring it with you to work. It’s also good if you travel often and need an air purifier on the go.
- Low noise level at only 43.2 dB
- Uses a true HEPA filter
- Able to clean up to 1,256 square feet per hour
- Has a smart mode with 3 automatic settings depending on your surroundings
- The pre-filter and Max2 filter are washable
This large air purifier is good for big offices, industrial use, and the like, due to its pretty wide coverage. If you need a lot of filtering indoors without breaking the bank, this is probably a decent unit to pick due to its true HEPA filter and a just-right noise level that won’t be too distracting.
Do you have a spare budget? Here are air purifiers that you may like for its added features:
- Has a sensor that detects the indoor air quality and cleans accordingly
- Uses a True HEPA filter to get rid of dust, pollen, smoke, and the like
- Activated carbon filter and antimicrobial coating
- The pre-filters are washable for easy maintenance
- Has a 4-stage cleaning system
- Up to 325 square feet of coverage
For those who want a thoroughly-cleaning air purifier, this one is a good pick for a quality true HEPA filter for dust. This air purifier is still available and is ideal for those who want to remove dust as the indoor air quality changes automatically (perfect for keeping focused at work).
- Wi-Fi enabled for easy monitoring
- Has a heater and a fan option
- Ideal for changing the weather
- Has an automatic air pollution sensor
- Uses a sealed HEPA filter for allergens and dust
- 360-degree oscillation
If you’re often prone to sudden weather changes and need an adaptive air purifier for both hot and cold seasons, this is an air purifier to consider. It is also good for those who are currently using Alexa for controlling their appliances, whether at home or in a workplace/office.
What causes excessive dust in a house?
Usually, dust in a house is caused by the following:
- Pets with long fur/coat
- Outdoor pollution
- Number of flat surfaces (e.g. tables)
- Old unused items (e.g. large encyclopedias)
How do you remove dust from the air?
To remove the dust in your indoor air, you can do any of the following:
- Use an air purifier with a quality HEPA filter
- Clean your home or space regularly
- Groom your pets more often (if you have pets) to avoid shedding
- Minimize the number of surfaces and carpets indoors
In the long run, air purifiers are greatly needed for a healthy workplace, especially if you work in the industrial field. An unhealthy air means that you’re compromising your ability to work properly, even if you wear dust masks all the time. That’s why it pays to invest in an air purifier for your work area!